Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss How to work on construction site? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello everyone,
Does anyone know how I go about working on a Construction site please? I recently completed level 2 diploma in wall & floor tile and will be completing the 5 year CSCS course end of May.
I'm just not sure who to contact to get work and if they will take me on as a newbie with little experience.

H

Humpydonk

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know how I go about working on a Construction site please? I recently completed level 2 diploma in wall & floor tile and will be completing the 5 year CSCS course end of May.
I'm just not sure who to contact to get work and if they will take me on as a newbie with little experience.

H

Humpydonk

You need to pass the health and safety touchscreen test then apply for a cscs card then you can work on sites, or you can get an npors card some sites except that ,
Once you get your Cscs card you have to pass an NVQ within so many years then you have it for five years I think an just renew after that with a touch screen test

OP
R
Reaction score
You need to pass the health and safety touchscreen test then apply for a cscs card then you can work on sites, or you can get an npors card some sites except that ,
Once you get your Cscs card you have to pass an NVQ within so many years then you have it for five years I think an just renew after that with a touch screen test
Hi humpydonk, yes I'm doing the 5 year CSCS course which includes H&S at the end of the month, it's a 4 week course. Unfortunately when I signed up to do my diploma, I didnt realise this was the incorrect qualification to get work on site, even though it's practically the same thing 🙄 I havent wasted a year but I do feel I spent a year doing the wrong course so will now have to spend yet another year doing an NVQ at a huge cost that i cant afford right now. Maybe I'll stick with trying to find work myself for now as it seems the only option, it's just slow going starting out 😫 thank you for your advice, it is appreciated very much x

Reply to How to work on construction site? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock