Discuss How to tile over concrete floor sealed with chemical resistant urethane? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I was supposed to have a concrete floor finish so I have a contemporary floor look. The contractor did a very poor quality job and I realized I need to cover all the problems with something, so we decided to tile over it. The floor has a water based chemical resistant urethane sealant and I have had contractors coming and giving me proposals. Supposedly the floor can have a primer or a some sort of membrane application that will help with tiling, but I am concerned that whatever they think can be put on the top of the sealant will not bond to sealant. Are there products that will bond to the water based, chemical resistant urethane? Or my only way is to sand it off? I don't want to sand it off if I don't have to. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bal flexbone would work well here. No prep just roll it out and tile on ut.

Reply to How to tile over concrete floor sealed with chemical resistant urethane? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks