Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss How to stop cracking if even in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

average

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I don't even know if this is correct forum for this.

On a new extension, the client has asked my opinion on this. Originally there was one ensuite on the exterior side of the extension. It's now been boarded out in half so the client can get another toilet/wash room on the opposite side of the new wall..

There is a 90 bend in the new room ontona 4 inch pipe that connect's on to a sweeping 90 where another toilet feeds into. See pic.

From one bend to the next, is 2.3m . The pipe will run along the insulation in the floor and have a slope between 1/110 and 1/80. The insulation is 150mm thick, the screed on top will be 75mm. Which is 225mm. By my calculations with minimum slope, I might just be missing the screed but even if I did go through it, will it crack. And if it does, what can I put on top to stop the tiles cracking!

Pic not to scale!

IMG_20211026_070706796.jpg

Reply to How to stop cracking if even in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock