Discuss How to stop an accident in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
The pictures below is the wall lining (50mm C Stud 400mm centres no noggins, board = 12mm jackoboard) set up used for the following tiles.

Porcelain 1500mm X 750mm 10mm thick.
Fixed with Ardex 7 and 77 (old mixes knocked up with new) no mechanical fixings
Height is 2.5m to 4m
Length is 42m
No expansion joints
Internal corners grouted
The room is due to be heated to 100 degrees to install a pvc ceiling.
The 4m high wall has a doorway I'm the middle that has 2 of these large format tiles directly above it fixed with adhesive and those tile leveling clips.which in my.humble.view should be used with caution as they can pull tiles away from walls which is why I serrate the wall and board if using them because this out for store the large format tiles leaning against a wall.
When I tried to explain the real danger of the whole set up I got no where. This is a 5 star hotel which regularly host major premiership team which will use these facilities. I honestly felt I was in the twilight zone. Major project with no drawings, building control or work schedule what do you think I should do, we I know what I should do but how to do it? Because if a tile hits someone they're dead or lose a few toes at least. The client is the builder. A real example of cutting corners to save a few quid. When I said the wall should be shaft wall not single 50mm stud with 12mm jackoboard because it's cheaper.

IMG_20200428_080412808.jpg

IMG_20200428_080325079.jpg

[automerge]1590395913[/automerge]
Auto spell hijacked my post. Code breaking required in parts

Reply to How to stop an accident in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks