Discuss How to properly cut point drain with large tiles? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Reaction score
Hi
The tiling contractor did a poor job tiling the shower floor which causes drainage issues.
As far as I understand there should be an envelope cut, he claims that the interior designer told him that its ugly and insisted on doing it this way.
Whats the proper way to do an envelope cut here so it will look good and I wont have puddles on the floor after showering?
Thanks in advance.
How to properly cut point drain with large tiles? | TilersForums.com Filename: {userid}

CJ

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
What is underneath that lot 🤔

was a shower former use?

The envelope cuts are from corner of drain to corner of shower.

Attachments

• How to properly cut point drain with large tiles? | TilersForums.com Filename: {userid}
    86D4BB49-DA6A-4A17-8367-B8B06F019475.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 7

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Unfortunately it will never fully drain away….only with certain Mosaics can you get away with not enveloping..
only way is take them up and re-tie correctly 🙈

All advertising can be removed by subscribing.
This ad should no cover content, please click this contact us with a screen print if it does.

Reply to How to properly cut point drain with large tiles? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com