Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss How to properly cut point drain with large tiles? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi
The tile contractor did a poor job tile the shower floor which causes drainage issues.
As far as I understand there should be an envelope cut, he claims that the interior designer told him that its ugly and insisted on doing it this way.
Whats the proper way to do an envelope cut here so it will look good and I wont have puddles on the floor after showering?
Thanks in advance.
9C7A7B01-704D-4840-867B-F26698316CFB.jpeg

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
What is underneath that lot 🤔

was a shower former use?

The envelope cuts are from corner of drain to corner of shower.

Attachments

• 86D4BB49-DA6A-4A17-8367-B8B06F019475.jpeg
    86D4BB49-DA6A-4A17-8367-B8B06F019475.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 13
G

Gazza Wade

Unfortunately that floor will never completely drain away… only with certain size mosaic can you get away without enveloping … needs to come up and be re done🙈

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Unfortunately it will never fully drain away….only with certain Mosaics can you get away with not enveloping..
only way is take them up and re-tie correctly 🙈

Reply to How to properly cut point drain with large tiles? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock