Discuss How to lay a heated penny tile in basement bathroom? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Trying to figure out the best approach to laying a heated penny floor (1” tile) in my basement bathroom. The space is ~50sqft with a shower insert. The concrete floor is level. I need to raise the floor to better align with the hallway which is 1” subfloor (Dricor) with 3/16” LVP.

My plan is:

• Lay down ½’ cement board, secured to the concrete floor with thinset. Seal the joints with thinset and fiberglass tape.
  • Run my heated floor wire over the cement board and secure it in place with the provided strapping and screws.
  • Seal the wall edges with sill sealer (foam gasket) and caulking. Build dams at the entryway.
  • Cover the entire surface with SLC until the heated floor wire is covered (~1/8”)
  • Lay my penny tile on top of this after a few days of drying
Is this a reasonable approach, any suggestions for a better approach?

Reply to How to lay a heated penny tile in basement bathroom? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks