Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss How to fix this disaster in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello, I was looking for help on getting my floor ready for porcelain tiles and was directed here.

Old tiles were taken out of an old floor leaving dry dirt patches where the concrete was removed with tile, lots of broken concrete bits and, in the kitchen, exposed pipe (which seems to be carrying wires) and dirt that is the consistency of clay.

The guy fixing the floor told me he is going to remove loose concrete pieces, put sand and gravel under the exposed pipes (which for some reason seem like there is nothing under them) and them mix cement, gravel and sand and pour it to fill up the holes (i guess not over the part of the floor where concrete is already exposed).

The thickness of the concrete that is there already is around 2-3 inches.

Any suggestions on 1) preparing the floor as it is now in the images 2) aggregate size 3) should he just pour new concrete over everything? Any info will be appreciated...(the second pic is the kitchen--with recently broken tile and concrete) appreciated.
floor1.PNG
kitchen floor2.PNG

Reply to How to fix this disaster in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock