Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss How to fix poor workmanship? Wrong grouting.... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

ABear

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello, in my new (old) house, a local handyman (recommended by a neighbour !) made a complete mess of a job laying some very beautiful stoneware tiles from Italy.
Not only do I find the work terrible in an aesthetic viewpoint (not parallel to the wall, tiny pieces along door frames....), but there are problems not obvious to a layperson like me. So, for example, another tiler came by and told me the guy who laid the tiles used wall grouting on the floor tiles and that this was one of the problems.
What I don't know is, what impact will it have to have wall grouting instead of floor grouting. What should I do? The grouting is also uneven and mostly too shallow compared to the tile height, so I will have to top it up and also fill in some major gaps, but with what? All info welcome.
General names/chemical names would be helpful as I live in Germany and the names used might be different.
Cheers!

OP
A

ABear

-
Reaction score
Yes, lots!
tiles3.jpg

tiles2.jpg

tiles.jpg

Reply to How to fix poor workmanship? Wrong grouting.... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock