Discuss How to finish the edge of these border tiles? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,

Planning on tiling with a "border tile" along the top. It's an inset area with a sink, 2 internal corners and 2 exposed edges of the tiles.

I'm struggling to work out how to finish the exposed edges. I was planning on using white trim, but that doesn't look right continuing up to the border tile. If I stop the trim below the border tile, then I guess I could mitre the border tile to finish that, but the profile of it means I would have to set the rest of the tiles back from the edge of the wall.

Hopefully the photos help to dhow what I'm trying to say.

Any suggestions most welcome!!

Thanks in advance

20220721_190424.jpg 20220721_190322.jpg 20220721_190541.jpg 20220721_190525.jpg 20220721_190353.jpg

Reaction score
Mitre the internal corners.

Exposed edges, if tiles are stacked I would just finish with no trim. If brick bond, so cut edges, then trim up to border tile as you say.

Border tile on exposed edge, just use a whole tile and fill the end with grout.

Reply to How to finish the edge of these border tiles? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks