Discuss How to finish the edge of split faced tiles. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

MalcyB

TF
Reaction score
Hi All .
As the title says.
My customer has bought these for her kitchen, I've sorted out how I'm going to do the switches & sockets, but it is any bare top edges that are going to be on show. Has anyone any experience of these or can anyone recommend a way to finish them off to make them look good?
Also how to finish around the window reveal, would mitring them work?
I've shown the edge as well as the face.

Thanks for any help.
Malc

DSC_1452.JPG

DSC_1453.JPG

B

Bill

Those are not true split face, they are a one piece tile that has been stamped to look like split face.

Mitrering those would be best for the corners but you may need a 5mm joint for it to look nice. As for the top.... just grout and paint is my suggestion.

MalcyB

TF
Reaction score
Tom: What do you mean "paint them". Just find a colour that suits?
Albert: She may struggle to keep than clean. I'm just fitting them for her!

MalcyB

TF
Reaction score
Hi all.
Thanks for the recommendations on how to finish these tiles.
In the end I decided to try some 12mm square edge chrome edging.
Comments welcome, Thanks
DSC_1458.JPG
DSC_1459.JPG

This is how I did the switches & sockets.
DSC_1454.JPG

DSC_1455.JPG

DSC_1456.JPG

Reaction score
I've set this type of tile a few times and brushed satin beats everything else for me, gives it a clean edge but not as bright as chrome. Nice job though MalcyB, sockets look good too.

MalcyB

TF
Reaction score
Thanks tilergal. She went with chrome because it went with other things.
I put a 10mm single or double spacer behind each, they would have been better if they were 12mm.

Reply to How to finish the edge of split faced tiles. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks