Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss How to finish countertops without finish pieces? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Old dog here working on my own old bathroom countertop remodel. In the old days I'd select tiles with a selection of finish pieces like inside and outside corners and cove bases and etc., etc.. Today I'm lucky if I find 3"x12" bullnose pieces and that is it. I went on youtube to see how current layers are dealing with the lack of selection and all the videos showed ONLY how to lay, none showed how to "finish." I'm dealing with porcelin or ceramic tiles most of which are now only available in large sizes of at least 12"x12". I'm wondering how other layers now deal with the lack of finish tiles for countertops.

T

Time's Ran Out

We don’t!
Tiled Worktops are not and never have been in fashion over here in the UK.
Early 1980s was their time of appeal but it was short lived and perceived unhiegenic.
I had 3 different effects, inc mosaic, and all had hardwood edges and epoxy grout.
Natural stone (granite etc) is the worktop of choice and longevity these days.

OP
F
Reaction score
We don’t!
Tiled Worktops are not and never have been in fashion over here in the UK.
Early 1980s was their time of appeal but it was short lived and perceived unhiegenic.
I had 3 different effects, inc mosaic, and all had hardwood edges and epoxy grout.
Natural stone (granite etc) is the worktop of choice and longevity these days.

Well, then allow me to direct my question to persons who do use tile and can offer answers. I'm not asking for opinions.

T

Time's Ran Out

Our new .com standing is certainly reaching far shores - even to the colonies.
Is it the Trump factor or are you typical of American tile layers?
I don’t often swear but in your case I could make an exception.
I’am sure you’ll receive more direct advice from other members of the Forum who have experience in your particular enquiry.
I of course will follow your posts with interest.
Oh - welcome to tilersforum.com and enjoy

Reply to How to finish countertops without finish pieces? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock