Discuss How to cut these 3d ceramic bathroom tiles? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Not a large amount of experience tiling but I did a respectable job on a kitchen backsplash with metro tiles a few years back.
My wife has decided she wants a particular tile fitted to our shortly to be renovated bathroom.

These tiles are B&Q ceramic 600mm x 200mm and they have a wavy embossed pattern across the face. Now the last tiles I cut were plain so I mostly used a standard tile cutter (score and snap job). I also have a wetsaw that I had to buy to make more complex cuts for the sockets etc.

Would I be right in thinking that I will not be able to use the score and snap tool and all my cuts will need to be done with the wet saw?

Or would I be better trying to convince her to use the same shape and colour tiles (but without the embossed pattern?)

Because besides from being more difficult to cut due to the embossing. When I have to cut small sections around the edges.. The wall will have a few irregular tile cuts due to boxed in section with an alcove to hide pipes etc. I think this might look odd with this pattern that wont make look good / flow properly if that makes sense?

Any other methods I could use or try for best results?
Please see attached photos for tiles and my tooling.
Don't like to be the realist, but before I destroy a few boxes of tiles before reaching this conclusion.. Was hoping you good people could please offer your helpful advice on this.

Many thanks Andy

Attachments

• 20220810_082243.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220810_082248.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20220810-081716_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
Tiles are funny things, you never know until you try. They may score and snap fine - if not you will definitely be ok with your wetsaw, or use a 4” grinder with a decent blade for speed ( that is what most of us would use I guess).

Reply to How to cut these 3d ceramic bathroom tiles? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks