Discuss how thick should my adhesive be ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

E

essex_lee

Hi, on the shower walls and the floor.

Tavertine 12mm tiles, onto cement board and ply for floor.

Thanks

W

White Room

Read the packaging it will give an indication on your mixes, water and powder ratios

R

Rich

As above. The addy will have all the instructions on the bag. If you are unsure, mix the entire bag with the specified amount of water/solution. Just be careful with the setting times (also stated on the bag). :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

This depends upon the adhesive you are using..

Most cement based adhesives will state no more than a 6mm final bed.. this is what is achieved after you have bedded youre tile in place and some thicker bedding to 10mm or so in located area's..

If you think you need thicker on the floor area's then you can use a thick bed adhesive..some go upto 22mm but if the correct prep is done then you should not need that depth.

I tend to use Mapei kera flex maxi on walls...and this can bed to 12mm... so better if walls are slightly out and cross bonding tiles to achieve that flat look.

On larger format on the floor , you can also use a Flexi PTB to achive that solid bed fix..

And as the members have mentioned above..Always read the instructions if unsure of a products uses..:thumbsup:

K

Kriscol

I have a pool coping tile that we need to concrete around. We plan to co tune the tiles over the concrete. The tile is 20mm porcelain. How far below the coping tile should we set the concrete to make it easy for the tile?

Reply to how thick should my adhesive be ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks