Discuss how should I centre in shower with offset mixer in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

amyL

-
Reaction score
Kind tilers out there: the back wall of my glass shower cubicle is 990mm but the plumber centred the mixer lever for a 1000mm shower. I am going to tile with a 600 x 300mm tile (in landscape stack), I don't know how to lay it out. Is it better to:
1) have a grout line running plumb from the centre of mixer tap & layout the rest based on that

2) a full tile centred around the shower mixer and make a small cut of 195mm in the corner of shower and run the rest of the 600mm tile the length of the wall.

3) make no difference where the grout lines sit ref the shower mixer, and just start with full tile in corner of shower to have least grout lines possible in the shower?

4) just swap to a tile which it 1200mm x 400mm, lay it landscape and then not have to worry about any joins in shower under the fittings (shower rail & head is on adjoining wall and mixer is on the wall you see when enter bathroom.

I have no idea how it will affect the aesthetics. I already had to rip all the tiles off that a rogue contractor installed 6 months ago (with no waterproofing under at all & terrible cutting which chipped the tiles & uneven grout), so Im conscious of not making a mistake.

Many thanks.

Reply to how should I centre in shower with offset mixer in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks