Discuss How much would you charge ? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gez2312

Hi I recently fitted 6no. 3000mm x 1500mm 6mm porcelain tiles , customer could not find a tiler willing to take on the job so I got blagged into it ! (It actually went really well!) my question is how much would you have wanted to fit them ? They were all to cut down in width and in height too , shower valves x2 to cut out and one had wall hung toilet so flush and waste holes to drill as well as flush plate. Just wanted a rough idea what it would usually cost ! Thanks in advance

T

Time's Ran Out

Unfortunately prices are not to be discussed in the forum. However for such a few no. of tiles it would have to be undertaken on a time taken basis - so charge £x by hours.

O

One Day

I fit just x2 of the magnum tiles a while ago. Tricky cuts on both. I allowed 4 days, inc 2 days to set up station and move them (they were left in a stupid spot in relation to where they were going to end up). I charged my usual day rate plus a hefty premium for the fact that nobody else wanted the job!

D

Dumbo

Call me a rank amateur but considering some of what you had to do and obviously the value of each Tile I would of considered Templating out of mdf. But I expect the customer didn't expect it to take long as they were big tiles.

O

One Day

Call me a rank amateur but considering some of what you had to do and obviously the value of each Tile I would of considered Templating out of mdf. But I expect the customer didn't expect it to take long as they were big tiles.

Sadly - you're right - some of the domestic customers who are daft enough to pay so much for these tiles are also daft enough to think that they are faster to install.
For some people these tiles are nothing much more than trophy purchases.
They care more about being able to tell their friends how much they cost, than how good (or bad) they look.

D

Dumbo

Hi I recently fitted 6no. 3000mm x 1500mm 6mm porcelain tiles , customer could not find a tiler willing to take on the job so I got blagged into it ! (It actually went really well!) my question is how much would you have wanted to fit them ? They were all to cut down in width and in height too , shower valves x2 to cut out and one had wall hung toilet so flush and waste holes to drill as well as flush plate. Just wanted a rough idea what it would usually cost ! Thanks in advance
How much did they weigh

W

WetSaw

They care more about being able to tell their friends how much they cost, than how good (or bad) they look.

I've a friend over here who does high end kitchens in Marbella. He just lost a job because he was €30k cheaper than another company for exactly the same kitchen!!

I

Italy

I fit just x2 of the magnum tiles a while ago. Tricky cuts on both. I allowed 4 days, inc 2 days to set up station and move them (they were left in a stupid spot in relation to where they were going to end up). I charged my usual day rate plus a hefty premium for the fact that nobody else wanted the job!
Same.....plus add the cost to amortize equipment

H

hmtiling

IMG-20160520-WA0008.jpg

Raimondi too

O

One Day

I've used both now and i still prefer the Sigma. Raimondi is very well made, but i think too heavy and over-engineered.

Reply to How much would you charge ? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoponbaby
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks