Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss how much space between floor tile and wall for expansion? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
How much space should you leave between floor tiles and the wall when tile over 60mm screed over wet UFH? Is 5mm enough?

J

J Sid

bigger the better.
what's the longest run in mts?
is it wooden skirting, 20mm think?
or tiled skirting on top?

OP
P
Reaction score
Longest run is about 7m. 10mm tile skirting although walls are terrible and I was looking for an alternative, something bendy, that would probably be thinner. I really don't like tile skirting. No matter how tidy the gap between floor and bottom of skirting tile it never looks right to me.

J

J Sid

I'd do a 6mm gap round edge, tiled skirting straight and fill top gap at top and let decorates sort wall. Leave a 2mm gap between bottom of skirting and floor tile and silicon

T

Time's Ran Out

You don’t like tiled skirting!!
Think of the ease of maintenance, no wood to rot and all that extra money,

OP
P
Reaction score
I'd do a 6mm gap round edge, tiled skirting straight and fill top gap at top and let decorates sort wall. Leave a 2mm gap between bottom of skirting and floor tile and silicon
I'm in Italy, most porc. tiles have a skirting option with rounded over top. My problem is that it is a modest stone house and the walls are not just 'not straight' but literally curved. So to me at least a tiled skirting looks messy.

J

J Sid

yes, but make sure it's a clean gap, no https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/

Reply to how much space between floor tile and wall for expansion? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock