Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss How long should an average size bathroom take to tile - walls & floors in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all , just wondering what is the average time scale for tile a full average sized bathroom walls & floor. I am new to the tile game & have only tiled 4 bathrooms so far which have taken roughly 4 - 5 full days to do.
I am currently only doing this on a part time bases but hope to be full time by the end of the year ( waiting on redundancy from current job ).
My worry is that I am to slow all be it that I do a good job, what do you guys think ?

OP
T

Turkish

Hi mate, i tile part time now and then and i would say 4 - 5 days sounds about what i would do. Depends alot i guess on the substrates and what you have to tile round. If you`re doing a good job which i`m sure you are then that`s all that matters at the end of the day, speed i`m sure will come with practice as someone with more experience will confirm

Turkish:thumbsup:

OP
G

Gazzer

Hard to say without knowing what tiles and M2 etc.
Speed comes with experience. As long as you and the client are happy then you are onto a winner.

OP
H

hillhead

I aint the quickest tiler about but i have tiled loads of bathrooms now and an average one takes me around 2-3 days doing it really well.
:8:

OP
D

DHTiling

As mentioned many times on the forums mate...quality over speed all the time, you will get quicker at certain aspects of tile which will speed you up as a tiler but turning out a good job out weighs not doing a good job..........

OP
J

JIMBOB187

In my first month of full time tile I barely covered my household bills due to lack of speed, in my fourth month now and my income has slightly increased and I am booked up for the next two months. If I had rushed the jobs in the first few months to try and earn more money I would not be booked up now so quality over speed for longevity of the business and the strength of your reputation.:thumbsup:

OP
D

Daz

I fully agree with Jimbob. I was not earning a great deal when I first started, but took the time to ensure that I did a great job and now have a nice full diary - even earned a grand for a weeks work last week!

I've been fortunate that I have had a steady flow of work since I started, and my speed has improved just by virtue of tile every day. You will be surprised how quickly you get fast!

Just remember, it takes years to build a good reputation, and minutes to ruin it!

OP
D

dhsanta65

Thanks guys for the advice, will do as you advise and build my reputation on good workmanship and hope the speed builds up in time.

cheers Ian

OP
F

Fekin

Depends on sqm and wall condition and what have you, but generally for walls and floor 3 to 4 days, as I said depending on alot of factors.

OP
T

Telmay

Stick with the qualioty route and speed and more wedge will come along - and all your customers will of course reccomend you for a quality job, plenty out there who go the speedy shoody route.

OP
D

diamondtiling

i agree with all the above comments, quality comes first, as you progress you will know where you are going to start, you will see areas that will be more intricate and know how to get around them, its all down to experience and know how, you may be using battons for your tiles, one day you will wonder why you needed them. I think if you use powder adheshive instead of the ready mixed diy versions you will speed up rapidly, I myself would never use a ready mixed tub of adheshive, its too slow and does not have the drying and bonding capacity of a powder adheshive, thats my choice and I realise that other tilers like the buckets, good luck anyway

OP
W

White Room

Same as diamond, powdered https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ for me all the time

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Speed has been my bugbear since I started. I reckon an average sized bathroom; walls 15m2 and floor 4m2 with 1 window will take me 7 days. Would have taken me 2 weeks a year ago so I suppose the speed is coming. Still cant imagine being able to turn one out in 3-4 days to a high standard but I guess in 10 years time it will be achievable.
Never rush it and let quality suffer though mate - referrals are the key in this business

OP
S

stevie25

been tile 5 years, a 15m2 to 20m2 walls and 5 m2 floor would take me 2 days, day1 tile walls day2 grout walls and tile floors

OP
D

doug boardley

that's fast Stevie, I've been at it over 20 years longer than you and it'd take me longer than that by a bit

Reply to How long should an average size bathroom take to tile - walls & floors in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock