Discuss How long should an average size bathroom take to tile - walls & floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

grumpygrouter

Sorry buddy but I can't accept that, in 23 years I have yet to see a professional tiler do a bathroom in 2 days on his own, 15 mtrs of wall and 5 floor??? its just not going to happen,

:mad2::mad2::mad2:
Glad to see someone else that thinks the same way as me! There is no way on this planet i could do that in 2 days!

H

hillhead

I do know a man who can tile an average bathroom in a day for sure! i have worked with him before as a labourer! i was the one with the sore back and all believe me!!!
even on floors if he hadn't 20mtrs down by 12 pm he'd be cross,lol.
I seen him throw down 70mts one day and it was damn well done.
I prefer to take a more relaxed approach !

robbbin

TF
Reaction score
Guys Tiling a bathroom 15mt with say 30*20 ceramic tiles on new walls with a 1000* 500 window would take me no more than 6 hrs using rapid flexi powder next day grout using a washboy no more than 2hrs.... bathroom floor with no pan and basin in say 3to 5 mts 3hrs.... 1 hour later grout floor job done
If say porcelain, natural stone or large format tiles, or walls need sorting allow more time

Have no prob getting work maybe because I work on a metre rate
£15 plus mats on ceramic
£20 natural and porcelain
£25 slate
£40 glass
minimum day rate £165 for kitchen splashbacks and anything under 10 mts

I know some tilers sitting on their arse (good ones) wont come down on fixing rate.......... now the s*** will start to fly

W

White Room

I was earning £15 a m2 a couple of years ago on site, just labour. Your prices seem cheap

M

milan11

I do know a man who can tile an average bathroom in a day for sure! i have worked with him before as a labourer! i was the one with the sore back and all believe me!!!
even on floors if he hadn't 20mtrs down by 12 pm he'd be cross,lol.
I seen him throw down 70mts one day and it was damn well done.
I prefer to take a more relaxed approach !

I found this hardly believe, sorry mate.

I believe those areas in one day, but I definetly don't believe they were done damn well.

If the surface is really good, if I have a labourer, if the tiles are at least 600X600 mm, if there is very little cutting, if I work at least 10 hours a day, than I can lay down 40-50 sqm on floor with lips no bigger than 0.5 mm and 1.5-2 mm joints between the tiles.

I don't acept bigger lips or joints.

Bathroom - one day again - with perfect surface, no corners for mitring and very little cuttings - only then it's possible

H

hillhead

I found this hardly believe, sorry mate.

I believe those areas in one day, but I definetly don't believe they were done damn well.

If the surface is really good, if I have a labourer, if the tiles are at least 600X600 mm, if there is very little cutting, if I work at least 10 hours a day, than I can lay down 40-50 sqm on floor with lips no bigger than 0.5 mm and 1.5-2 mm joints between the tiles.

I don't acept bigger lips or joints.

Bathroom - one day again - with perfect surface, no corners for mitring and very little cuttings - only then it's possible
I know it is hard to believe but i have no reason to bull s over this.as i said i worked with this guy before.for 6 months in fact.we all work at different speeds.i put down 50mts last monday.big tiles.great floor and no cuts first day.i know another speed merchant who tiles bathrooms in 2 days regularly.

W

White Room

No one is going to be the same speed, some are fast, others are slow, I've seen this in a lot of trades, Why this speed thing is such an issue I don't know why, if the customers are happy does it really matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

simplythebest

TF
Arms
Reaction score
No disrespect to others but a 15sq wall and 5sq floor would take me two days, only if the walls and floor were clean ,no pan, no basin, no fancy boxing and minimal trimwork. you could allow half a day + for those bits . but clean walls would make it a piece of %$&* to tile in a day and grout next morning, then floor 5sq isnt much would take approx 3hrs have a sarnie read the paper and grout.:smilewinkgrin:
Maybe its too quick but i have the drive to be quick at the mo and my back/ knees are feeling it so i guess only so much longevity like that.

D

davy_G

Im regularly doing your average semi bathroom in 2 days. Full walls and floor.

Mind you i did a BIG bathroom, 38m2 walls and 10 of floor, UFH and insulation & tanking, it took me 5 days. So just depends on the job.

Just make sure you do it right!

S

smurf21

for that size bathroom at current prices there is defo three days decent money so why would anyone want to rush and do it in a day or even two you have the price in for a spot on job and the customer expects it allways find a customer to go over it with a fine tooth comb if their paying a weeks money and the tiler does it in a day /day and half and im not saying that there arnt tilers out there that can do this in that short time span because i know there are i used to be one of them. but now why would you want to, take your time and still make a profit and do it easy and give yourself the time to perfect it.....:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the threads in the tiling forum that have had a lot of views are being bumped up into current discussion. Just walk on by if it's not your flavour right now. Perhaps it'll help somebody out one day, and they become members, and then they post a thread, and professional tilers respond, and then you learn something from them...? Maybe?

J

James Culwell

I was searching for the same answers and I appreciate all the great feedback here! I'm on day number 4 of a tile shower with a window in it. I should be able to finish tile today and grout tomorrow.

Reply to How long should an average size bathroom take to tile - walls & floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks