Discuss How long should an average size bathroom take to tile - walls & floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

diamondtiling

same answer as doug, been doing it for 23 years and it would take me longer than you, how much sugar are you putting in your tea stevie lad?????????

:dizzy2::dizzy2::dizzy2:

D

diamondtiling

if you charge them £25 per mtr that means your on nearly £1700 per week plus materials, hope you registered for vat

:yikes::yikes:

D

doug boardley

no wonder there's not much work about.... Stevie's done it all this year:lol::lol:

S

smurf21

i remember the days when i could tile and grout a 15m2 bathroom and be home by 5oclock.............no prep.........tubbed addy........8x8 tiles........no.overboarding...no polishing.......no dinner.....no tea breaks........no job satisfaction........no money.......now we charge he correct prices do all the correct prep and allow all the correct drying times and a 15m2 will now take us two days two of us,on your own two and a half but its lonely...lol and thats ceramics:thumbsup:

And by the way the original poster has been tiling over a year now since this was posted..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

i remember the days when i could tile and grout a 15m2 bathroom and be home by 5oclock.............no prep.........tubbed addy........8x8 tiles........no.overboarding...no polishing.......no dinner.....no tea breaks........no job satisfaction........no money.......now we charge he correct prices do all the correct prep and allow all the correct drying times and a 15m2 will now take us two days two of us,on your own two and a half but its lonely...lol and thats ceramics:thumbsup:

And by the way the original poster has been tiling over a year now since this was posted..lol
I had noticed that smurf, I was responding to stevies post:thumbsup:

S

smurf21

Any how DHsanta65 how are you getting on now.. are you full time tilling now?:thumbsup:

noticed the thanks 9 mins ago..

D

dhsanta65

Any how DHsanta65 how are you getting on now.. are you full time tilling now?:thumbsup:

noticed the thanks 9 mins ago..

Hi mate, I have just been made redundant form my last job and I am just about to take the plunge into full time tiling, maybe not the best time to be going full time due to the current state of the country but got some redundy money to pad me out for a while so it's now or never, thanks for asking.

Relating to my initial post has my speed picked up any since then, I would say yes a little but that's from tiling on a part time basis, so I will see how I fair speed wise over the next year full time, if I get enough work in that is . I believe it's quite tough out there for a lot of folks.

S

smurf21

Well good luck hope it works out and remember quality first speed will come in time a well done job will get you a recommend a rushed job may only get you a recall..:thumbsup:

M

mosaic man

a good tiler should be able to knock an average bathroom out in 2 days.
i would be embarassed to be there a week later i would expect the customer to be raging.
if you start at 8 finish at 4-5 and dont take the mick with the breaks its easy done.

robbbin

TF
Reaction score
For 15mt on walls 5mt on floor...... walls and floor in good nick average size tile 2 days normally, as we know windows and boxing take the time. I always do the window wall first. (THATS WHERE THE POLE LASER LEVEL SAVES YOU TIME) Im a bag man as wel..........l thats powder all the time

D

doug boardley

I'm in the wrong game! I should be employing some of you tilers rather than fixing myself :lol:

D

diamondtiling

For 15mt on walls 5mt on floor...... walls and floor in good nick average size tile 2 days normally, as we know windows and boxing take the time. I always do the window wall first. (THATS WHERE THE POLE LASER LEVEL SAVES YOU TIME) Im a bag man as wel..........l thats powder all the time

Sorry buddy but I can't accept that, in 23 years I have yet to see a professional tiler do a bathroom in 2 days on his own, 15 mtrs of wall and 5 floor??? its just not going to happen,

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

D

dhsanta65

Sorry buddy but I can't accept that, in 23 years I have yet to see a professional tiler do a bathroom in 2 days on his own, 15 mtrs of wall and 5 floor??? its just not going to happen,

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Glad you said that mate, I just don't see how anyone could tile an area that size in 2 days unless it was a bare square room with absolutely no obstacles to tile round and I have not come across a bathroom like that yet !

D

doug boardley

to be honest, what's an average room?
but based on my £x per m2 rate, I'd quite happily spend 4 days on a 20m2 bathroom, any longer I'd probably think i was losing money, but you make that back on the rooms that you get done quicker than anticipated. Swings and roundabouts spring to mind:thumbsup:

Reply to How long should an average size bathroom take to tile - walls & floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks