Discuss How flat is flat, and have I messed up? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

ben209384234

Total newbie to tiling. How flat is flat with regards to a floor?

I have a small downstairs toilet which I am tiling. It's only 1.78m long by 0.8m wide. Where the toilet was there is a small bump in the floor. I am laying 45x45cm so 8 tiles will cover the whole floor. On the right half of the floor the floor is flat, but around the old toilet area if I put a spirit level on the top, I've probably got 2 to 3mm on each end of the spirit level. I am using a trowel with 10mm x 20mm notches in it.

Will the flexible adhesive and a spirit level flatten this off, or do I need a self levelling compound. And if I do need a self levelling compound, do I do the entire floor?

Lastly, where I took up the carpet grippers and toilet there were some small holes. I filled this with polyfilla because at the time I was going to put down wood flooring.

Is this polyfilla going to cause me problems, or will it be fine once I put the primer, (possible self leveller) and flexible adhesive?

Any help really really appreciated!

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-20 at 19.35.37.jpeg

Reply to How flat is flat, and have I messed up? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks