Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss How are we doing as a forum now? Any genuine feedback? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Just wondering now I've made a few changes, how the forum is doing for you right now?

Any feedback? Perhaps any issues?

Reaction score
I have had to rejoin after losing mu original log in details.

Without being too harsh the forum is a shadow of its former self.

Previously I would get a number of people responding to questions but I've had no one for 2 weeks, and it appears I'm not the only one.

What on earth happened?

Reaction score
I'm not unhappy about my old account t being erased. Forum admins have to do this from time to time, I speak from experience.

It's just that questions and threads that are started here are getting next to no interaction.

Last time I was on here I could post question and have literally 3 to 4 replies in a couple of days, and that is being conservative.

Now, nothing apart from one reply on the intro thread.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a fair comment mate. To be fair during the pandemic my time has been spent elsewhere.

Our plumbers forum has dropped off a bit.

But our sparky forum has boomed.

So Swings and roundabouts I guess.

I will be back on here soon myself and will be working on a few things forum wise.

I'll tell you one thing though. There isn't a busier tile forum. Even Facebook groups are dead. A few posts a week max.

We are still getting the most traffic and threads. Just need some incentives for those replying and I have some ideas. :)

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Hi Dan. It dosent work properly on laptop any more. Only works properly on my phone mate. And agree with the comment above reference fewer people interacting with people's posts now.

I login every now and then to try and contribute myself now I have a bit more knowledge than when I started out a couple of years ago. When I did start out, this forum was invaluable. Read through hours and hours of posts and advice.

Cheers

Edd

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Just to add , i give others the chance to reply and interact with questions etc . Rather than answer every question and then no one interacts. But i have limited time on my hands so questions do slip through unanswered.
we have had a drop in regular members but hopefully new ones will begin to interact more.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi Dan. It dosent work properly on laptop any more. Only works properly on my phone mate. And agree with the comment above reference fewer people interacting with people's posts now.

I login every now and then to try and contribute myself now I have a bit more knowledge than when I started out a couple of years ago. When I did start out, this forum was invaluable. Read through hours and hours of posts and advice.

Cheers

Edd
What browser do you use? I have just had to do a Chrome update on my laptop.

Reply to How are we doing as a forum now? Any genuine feedback? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock