Discuss home page web site /rankings in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

merit

TF
Reaction score
ive had a web site up and running for over a year now with the intention just to show clients as i price jobs up,ive had little or no inquirys from punters just looking for tiling in my area, question is how do i get my ranking up, is it just a case of using the right wording
thanks in advance
web site.Merit Property Services
have a look all advice welcome

M

Mr Tiler

yeh I think you can add word tags so when people in your are type... tiler. your site pops up I think that's how it works not sure tho mate tbh

C

Colour Republic

Google no longer uses keywords to rank websites and hasn't done for many years.

do a search on the forum for SEO subjects as there is some god info although to be honest SEO is such a huge subject you could spend months/years leaning it all. But for the basics to start getting you up there then as a day plenty of info on this forum ;)

C

Colour Republic

How do they rank web-site then Colour ?

content, authority, diversity of backlinks, social standing, traffic... the full list is pretty endless

I should say, when I say 'keywords' I'm refering to 'Meta keywords' in the source code and not keywords which are naturally in the content.

P

Peter

It's all a bit of a minefield. Mine is ranking 2nd for certain terms like 'tiler in belfast' and 'tiler belfast' but not on the first page at all for 'tiling service belfast' even though the title has 'Tiling Services' in it. Having links on Google Places, Yell etc seems to help rankings a bit.

Reply to home page web site /rankings in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks