Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Hiya guys, used to be a regular on here. How is everyone in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hiya guys

used to be a regular on here when i was starting out, not even been on the website for a couple of months. Lots of things seems to have changed

just wondered how many more members ur getting and how the old gang is getting on.

Im not tile anymore, at the start i liked it but with my money situation i couldnt afford to go in to tile full time cos i couldnt afford to have 1 quiet week. you know what its like

Also there seems to be a lot of undercutting and customers pull there face up at even £100 a day labour, after tax in insurance, pet and tools that isnt much at all

Well anyway that my little moan, lol. not really a misaible person

Just wondering how the world of tile is, has it picked up for everyone cos i remember it being a very quiet start to the year

OP
D

DHTiling

hello tysfoot mate.....what you doin now then..?....

Things are busy my end but tile on the sites has died off a lot.....:yes:

OP
T

tysfoot

what do u mean. there are lot of people still striggling with work or people on the site wasnt as many

OP
D

DHTiling

The housing market has taken a big fall.so no houses are selling , thus this has a knock on effect on the building...most building comps are shutting down there sites ...so no building = no tile.....so a few of the bigger tile firms have laid off loads of there fixers.........

OP
T

tysfoot

so a lot of people are struggling, thats why i dont do it anymore. still got all my gear though if it does pick up.....

When i was gonna make the switch between working for myself i advertised alot and got no work from it, thats when i realised maybe everything is slowing down.

Shame really as there are lots of people doing courses in tile

Ive been looking for another gap in an industry to try and get into but its very hard to find one when the market is like this

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Ty.

Sites have gone quiet down my way as well.........different trades being laid off, but still ok on the private work :yes:

OP
G

GazTech

Hello Ty, glad to hear from you mate, hope you are well and family are ok. You will always have some tile skill, and can make a buck at that. What are you doing now ???

OP
T

tysfoot

Working at the royal mail, job isnt go all that well, cut back on alot of overtime so just trying to find that niche, weather it being going back to tile or finding something else

devonmark

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi Tys, thought you'd gone into demolition...lol, seriously though, good to see your still around, when the o/t drops in work at least you still have the tiling skills to make a few extra £££s (tax free). Carry on doin the odd jobs to keep your eye in so to speak..
Mark.

OP
G

grumpygrouter

Hi Tys, thought you'd gone into demolition...lol, seriously though, good to see your still around, when the o/t drops in work at least you still have the tile skills to make a few extra £££s (tax free). Carry on doin the odd jobs to keep your eye in so to speak..
Mark.
I couldn't possibly comment :lol:

Reply to Hiya guys, used to be a regular on here. How is everyone in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock