Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss floor that is constructed with OSB. Can I tile it? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Everyone, I've got a floor that is constructed with OSB. The construction is very rigid and solid. I also have a large number of old tomettes (natural clay, unglazed) that I would like to use on the floor. Any advise on laying, adhesives etc. would be gratefully received.

bsc ceramics

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Do not tile onto the OSB. you need to over board it with a tile backer board. Prime the boards and use
Flexable https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and grout.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I've got a floor that is constructed with OSB. The construction is very rigid and solid. I also have a large number of old tomettes (natural clay, unglazed) that I would like to use on the floor. Any advise on laying, adhesives etc. would be gratefully received.
As above, it’s structurally unstable to tile directly to it. Check deflection and overboard with a suitable backer board installed to said requirements

I

Ian Millar

Do not tile onto the OSB. you need to over board it with a tile backer board. Prime the boards and use
Flexable https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and grout.
Masny thanks - I'll take your advise onboard (with the backer - I'll get my coat!!)

Reply to floor that is constructed with OSB. Can I tile it? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock