Discuss Hi Everyone, I've got a floor that is constructed with OSB. The construction is very rigid and solid. I also have a large number of old tomettes in the Tile Adhesive area at TilersForums.com

I
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I've got a floor that is constructed with OSB. The construction is very rigid and solid. I also have a large number of old tomettes (natural clay, unglazed) that I would like to use on the floor. Any advise on laying, adhesives etc. would be gratefully received.

bsc ceramics

bsc ceramics

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Do not tile onto the OSB. you need to over board it with a tile backer board. Prime the boards and use
Flexable adhesive and grout.

Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I've got a floor that is constructed with OSB. The construction is very rigid and solid. I also have a large number of old tomettes (natural clay, unglazed) that I would like to use on the floor. Any advise on laying, adhesives etc. would be gratefully received.
As above, it’s structurally unstable to tile directly to it. Check deflection and overboard with a suitable backer board installed to said requirements

Reply to Hi Everyone, I've got a floor that is constructed with OSB. The construction is very rigid and solid. I also have a large number of old tomettes in the Tile Adhesive area at TilersForums.com

Latest 10