Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Hexagonal mosaic tile edging help! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

E

Emily Windle

Please checkout the following advertisement.
BS8NwkHALqU

Not sure if these images will work but I have tiled my kitchen splash backs with hexagonal mosaic ceramic tiles. I have tried cutting the tiles with a nipper but the tiles just crumble and I wouldn't be able to get a decent edge on any of them to make worthwhile doing. I have grouted the first area (white tiles charcoal grout) to see if it will look ok just grouting up to the edging strip but I'm worried it looks too unfinished, what do you think?

BS3tT2hAS5c

I have the rest of the kitchen to do but wondered if there was an easier solution out there to finishing it off better? I'm thinking I may get a lighter grey grout so it's not as prominent, or do you think I could mask off the edging and grout a white edge?

Any expert advice would be most welcome, but this is a low budget job hence why I am diying so no costly machine options please, I'm skint!

Emily

OP
E

Emily Windle

I bought a tile nipper which just crumbles them. They're just so small that I was unsure if any other tile cutter would be suitable for them

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
And use your elbow to spread the silicone where it meets the worktop? Lol

I'm messing.

Is that some type of beading in your pic?

Personally I'd hire a wet cutter and just free hand cut them on it now you can't use the full sheet.

If you leave be open end untrimmed that looks cool but you want it to meet the kitchen worktop nicely. IMO any way.

OP
M

MTiler

Use a grinder with a diamond blade or a montolit tiler cutter with a mosaic mat if its half cuts. Rubi porcelain nippers would be worth trying as they have stronger wheels.

OP
J

J Sid

And use your elbow to spread the silicone where it meets the worktop? Lol

I'm messing.

Is that some type of beading in your pic?

Personally I'd hire a wet cutter and just free hand cut them on it now you can't use the full sheet.

If you leave be open end untrimmed that looks cool but you want it to meet the kitchen worktop nicely. IMO any way.
hehe.... I had to have a look on bigger screen, small upstand on white porcelain basin makes it look big.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The halves will scribe and cut no probs , but a shame you didn't "square off " the bottom cut .. The off cut would have finished the top course..
... Wet cut or "carefully" use grinder with appropriate blade of course... And persevere.... Looks good though.. Well done so far... Good luck

Reply to Hexagonal mosaic tile edging help! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock