Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Hex mosaic floor tile query in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello - any advice welcome.

My tiler laid our mosaic floor sheets incorrectly so the pattern was incorrect. After flagging it and asking what was the best option to fix. He said he could swap over the individual tiles to make the pattern right. He's done that, but I've noticed that several of the tiles he swapped round have become unstuck and are slightly higher than the others. Also some of the spacing is slightly off with the swapped tiles. He hasn't grouted yet. But I just wanted to check if this fix is ok? Will we encounter any problems in the future due to what's happened? When we suggested ripping it up and starting again he said this would be a better option.

Thanks

Ben

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Laying mosaics is all about the prep. Once your floor is perfectly smooth and flat you begin. This is because only the smallest notched trowel is required and gives them a tight bond. If the new ones are protruding it’s likely he didn’t clean out the old https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ properly. Often you stagger the sheets to avoid long joint lines as the edges are sometimes bent in the corner of the sheets, often fixed by cutting some of the netting to ease them out straight again. A good laser or plenty of chalk lines is the way to stay on track.

Reaction score
I have done some jobs using hex mosaic tiles. Actually the thickness of the tiles on the sheet are different. I guess the manufacturer wants a special look for the finish. If that is the case, it should be ok. Otherwise, the subtrate needs to be perfectly level so that the tiles can be well laid. Hopes this will help.

Reply to Hex mosaic floor tile query in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock