Discuss herringbone tiling in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spare Tool

No offence but if you don't know how to price it you really shouldn't be getting involved..

Reaction score
We get £** a meter for this type of stuff direct to the main contractor

B6ACF152-956A-4324-9A96-49E9A76FD642.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chane

No offence but if you don't know how to price it you really shouldn't be getting involved..
Well your helpfull nice one . Most of my work is through companys and i have built myself up and have been offered a large floor . Ive done plenty herringbone before i have a metre price in mind but was just seeing if others were simular . Obviously this forum aint for helpfull people

S

Spare Tool

Well I did say no offense and you didn't give much to go on with your opening, are they planks, 60x30's ,120x60's, all have a factor in pricing, which can't actually be discussed in the open forum anyway, personally i wouldn't work it on a m rate, would do dayrate, but if your client is insisting on a m price, work it off how much you expect to get done in a day and your happy to earn.. Hope that's a bit more helpful..

D

Dumbo

I learned how to price jobs very quickly,
I divided what I wanted to earn by what I could do and if somebody told me I was to expensive I went and did a job for somebody that didn't think I was expensive,
Simples

T

Time's Ran Out

Well your helpfull nice one . Most of my work is through companys and i have built myself up and have been offered a large floor . Ive done plenty herringbone before i have a metre price in mind but was just seeing if others were simular . Obviously this forum aint for helpfull people
This forum has sections for all people interested in tiling - make the effort to register and gain an insight into the world of tilersforums.com.

D

Dumbo

I did a herring bone floor once , I read on the spec 250 x 600 and priced it but actually it said 250 x60 , I still made it work but just had to work a bit faster .

finlay

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Like most floors all depends on what your tiling onto what’s the state of the floor , any prep needed, what you have to cut round etc
Most tilers won’t have a standard rate

J

Just Rizzle

just done a 400x 80 x 15 mm limestone in a herring bone 70 mtrs with a 2 mm joint was a real night mare 50 % of the tiles were more parallelagrams than square edged also thickness was between 14 and 16 mm laid on a water ufh.
we laid it on a bal bone easy lay floor the client is delighted and the boss of my main contractor.
the price we laid it for was ?????

Reply to herringbone tiling in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks