Discuss Herringbone splashback! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
That size will be fine. May be worth setting out the layout first on a flat surface then you can take measurements to see how things will work out. I've used a online mathematical calculator before to work out the "width" of a tile at 45 degrees to see how they will fall and get equal cuts. Good luck

Rodduz

-
Reaction score
Cheers man. I know how to set it out horizontally, I'll definitely lay on floor to see what cuts I get each side.

Another question, how do you set it out vertically to ensure cuts at the top are okay?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sometimes the tiles just have to end where they fall at the top. There is so much going on with the pattern. It will always look best to start with a whole tiles (with a corner taken off at 45⁰) off the worktop. Hope that makes sense.

Reply to Herringbone splashback! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks