Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Herringbone Floor Tiling? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello

I am having a building converted into house and have a spec to use traditional quarry tiles, i.e square

I have just been to a tile manufacturer, very hand made, and we like a tile he can sell us half price from a previous big order. It is a unique colour and size it is a rectangle of..2 and 5/8ths inches by 8 and 3/4 inches. About 225 x 65 in mm metric.

I notice that some traditional patterns seem to rely on, for instance, a tile being twice as long as it is wide, like a brick...

The manufacturer said he undestood they were to be laid 'like parquet..a herringbone'

Should it be quite straightforward to lay in a conventional sort of pattern, despite the lack of any obvious perfect proportion between long and short sides? Unless it's meant to 3.5 times longer than wide. Does it matter anyway?

ps. artistically, they are very rustic for a very rustic building

OP
H

hillhead

No problem laying the herringbone at all.
I have layed 800 x 200mm etc and turned out class.

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome: 8779.jpg Hand cut from a larger porcelain tile ie 4 out of 1 tile and then mixed prior to fixing.

Reply to Herringbone Floor Tiling? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock