Discuss Help with first tile please in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Sof11

-
Reaction score
Hi folks got some great advice a while ago.
so nipped to my local tile place and have got everything ready to go. Been let down by a tiler 3 times so i have decided to do it my self.
i am so stuck with finding out where the first tile should go. I will attach a plan i have pencilled up my self. I am just baffled as its a hallway but a tricky L ish shape. This snapping chalk line does not work.
any help will be much appreciated. Forgot to add tiles are 33x33cm Thanks Sophia

image.jpg

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Sophia.

I would try centering the long section of the floor towards the stairs and see what size cuts you get from the centre line Left to right , if not great then start from a tile centre to get a bigger cut... then centre the section from the lounge door Back towards the other line. again checking cuts left to right.. once happy with the cuts , simply work the lines that cross from each line set out.. Hope you understand what i mean..

Sof11

-
Reaction score
Hi Sophia.

I would try centering the long section of the floor towards the stairs and see what size cuts you get from the centre line Left to right , if not great then start from a tile centre to get a bigger cut... then centre the section from the lounge door Back towards the other line. again checking cuts left to right.. once happy with the cuts , simply work the lines that cross from each line set out.. Hope you understand what i mean..

Thank you that makes sense i will Dry lay them out and work it from there.

Reply to Help with first tile please in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks