Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Help with bad tile job and grout in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

apanes

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I was hoping for some advice.

I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was away at the time he laid them so was unable to give him feel back and ask for them to be altered at the time. I absolutely hate the way they have been laid, the joints do not line up and he didn't use the same size spacers. I was hoping I would forget about it but it pains me every time I walk into the kitchen. The worst parts are covered by my island but ots still visible. Is there anything I can do without ripping them out and completely starting again?

Also in another section in my house I did not clean the black grout fast enough so it has set. No matter what I use or do I cannot get it off. O have used white vinegar, grout cleaner, a steamer and good old elbow grease. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

OP
A

apanes

-
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20230226_204751.jpg
    20230226_204751.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 32
Reaction score
Well, I think you have three choices;
Live with it
cut out the grout and use something close to the tile colour (and live with it)
Get em up

Reply to Help with bad tile job and grout in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock