Discuss Help - What to do with a small gap? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I am going to tile my kitchen tomorrow and have laid out some tiles tonight, to get an idea. I have an issue with the window sill. 2 whole tiles leave approx an inch gap before the window frame. What is the best solution to this issue? I am assuming cutting under an inch of tile to fill the gap will just break in the process.

Attachments

• IMG_20200324_183739.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20200324_183754.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 33

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If you are not comfortable making the small cuts put a half tile in first then your cuts to the back will be bigger

Reaction score
Thanks Albert, that's a great help. Going to have the same issue with the sides, but at t different angle, what would you suggest here?

Attachments

• 15850785914438344434355624461105.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 24

Reply to Help - What to do with a small gap? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks