Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Help! Tiling trims and finish, in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
Gemmology
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all. Thanks so much again for the replies. He’s coming today to hear my complaints. My only concern is that he won’t have the skill to put it right. He didnt mention a problem with Metro tiles before undertaking the job, it was only after he started that the complaints came in.He has tiled up to the bath and silicon and the connection along with some grout along a little step that we have where the pipes run. He installed the full bathroom including the bath. A friend of mine said he should have put a piece of wood behind the bath panel to stop it pressing in however the way the little shelf meet the bath makes me think even a piece of wood is not going to stop this happening. I have no idea what the solution is and wondered if anyone here has an idea?

478E08A7-D36C-469C-BE22-B9755F9B276F.jpeg

12ADEF8C-1C10-4040-83D4-74215F497317.jpeg

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
To be honest its rough as a badgers *** , black grout is possibly the worst grout to use on white metros , awful and looks wrong to me, grey or white is my preference.
To be honest only way it would look better was if everytime you went in the bathroom, you blindfolded yourself ;)
Seriously though , its a rip out. Even his bond runs out

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I think there are bigger issues here than the bath panel.

OP
Gemmology
Reaction score
Ok, so he’s said there’s nothing we can do about the trim. That the way the tiles are means that the trim will always stick out at the top and bottom. And that cutting the trim at an angle to make the two sections stick together won’t make a difference (attached photo). Says that the reason he’s put the plastic grossness at the top where the tiles meet the ceiling is because there’s a small gap, about an inch, too small for a line of cut tiles. Says he can take it off and white grout in the gap instead but that’s the only solution. Says it’s our problem for picking metro tiles and dark grout and that he would never comment on a clients choice. I said that a heads up would be have been good and I wouldn’t have chosen the same tiles if he’d mentioned the potential problems. He said he’s only tiled these tiles one before and won’t be doing it again. Also said he would put a bit of silicon behind the bath panel to stop it going backwards (?) I questioned it and said it needed a bit of wood behind to stop it and he disagreed and said he’d sort it. Guess we’ll have to wait and see what it looks like.

He’s going to take the clear silicon off the edge of the bath and do again with white so that’s good news!!

Wayne Brown

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Totally unacceptable I would not let this joker back in your home he is not competent, only really one way to sort that poor effort out strip it and start again sorry to say. Kop

Reply to Help! Tiling trims and finish, in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock