Discuss Help Please - Adhesive Taking Ages to Dry .... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Shane Fenn

ref=pd_sbs_60_2

Newbie In Trouble
I tiled on top of old tiles using the attached readymade adhesive as recommended by B&Q <roll eyes>. This adhesive was listed for wooden floors but was advised by staff member that it would suit for tiling on top of tiles. Directions on the tub indicated that it would take 48 hours to dry / cure. 48 hours has passed but it seems to be taking an age and although edges appear to be solidifying it is still soft to the touch.
Any/all help would be appreciated - reading some blogs I fear I may have to rip it up and start again but I'm hoping not.
TIA
Shane

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You need a flexible powdered adhesive, that you mix yourself for tiling on tiles, ready mixed adhesive will take forever to go off if at all.
Is it a wall or floor your tiling..?

S

Shane Fenn

You need a flexible powdered adhesive, that you mix yourself for tiling on tiles, ready mixed adhesive will take forever to go off if at all.
Is it a wall or floor your tiling..?

Thanks for the prompt reply Andy - its a small downstairs toilet floor
Shane

S

Shane Fenn

If it was a case of grouting it and leaving it for a week I would be happy with that ..... as long as it sets

Reaction score
Tubbed adhesives set by dispersing their moisture, tiles on tiles, it has nowhere to go.
Bagged adhesive sets by chemical reaction so would have gone off.
Whether you can get away with it or you will have to dig them up I'm not sure, but I guess you will need to take them up and scratch the old addy off, put it in some plastic bags, take this down to B&Q and throw it all over the pretty garden sets!

Reply to Help Please - Adhesive Taking Ages to Dry .... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks