Discuss Help! Plasterboard x4 on stud wall in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello!

im currently on a bathroom, just ripping out.
On the door wall, in the studwork looks like x3 plasterboards stuck together, theres a bedroom behind this wall to.

I thought it was just nailed to the studwork but look like a pre built frame.

my actuall issue is that the shower wall, I’d normally take pb off and put on 10mm delta boards.

first thought are to prime and tank but struggling to figure out weight limits?

any ideas

image.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Plastered plasterboards are 20kg per square meter including tile, adhesive and grout etc. Plasterboard on it's own when you prime and tile the face is 32kg per square meter including tiles, adhesive, grout etc.

A good tile backerboard fixed direct to the studs would be better. Is that what you mean? Are you stripping the walls of the plasterboard fully?

Reply to Help! Plasterboard x4 on stud wall in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks