Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Help on Setting Out in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi there, this is my first post and looking for advice on fixing 550x330x8mm ceramic wall tiles to two bathroom walls. I have started the short wall in the shower enclosure and seems to have gone ok. Have just set the first tile to continue around the corner to cover the longer wall (3metres). Looking at the edge of this tile I have a total thickness including tile of about 13mm. Is this ok for bed thickness? The walls are plasterboard and have had two coats of tile primer. As these are larger tiles, I am using levelling wedges as well as 3mm spacers. Any tips would be appeciated, Thanks.

Reaction score
A 5mm bed depth doesn't sound too excessive. What kind of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ are you using? On the external corner was it the finished edge of the plasterboard? Was it tapered edge board? Will usually have TE on the side. A pic would help. Cheers

Reply to Help on Setting Out in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock