TileFix Direct
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

How's My Tiling? Help on Setting Out

Discuss Help on Setting Out in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

What member type are you?
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Hi there, this is my first post and looking for advice on fixing 550x330x8mm ceramic wall tiles to two bathroom walls. I have started the short wall in the shower enclosure and seems to have gone ok. Have just set the first tile to continue around the corner to cover the longer wall (3metres). Looking at the edge of this tile I have a total thickness including tile of about 13mm. Is this ok for bed thickness? The walls are plasterboard and have had two coats of tile primer. As these are larger tiles, I am using levelling wedges as well as 3mm spacers. Any tips would be appeciated, Thanks.

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Reactions
You must be logged in to see the message.

Reply to Help on Setting Out in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.