Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Help needed re. insurance tiling job in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

We have had to have our bathroom ripped out to fix a leak from the upstairs flat. All work done by insurance appointed multitrade company.
Things getting reinstated now, but to my amateur eyes I'm not happy with the finish of the tile - although it has not been fully completed. Most areas are grouted but theres a few areas to complete.

For example at the corner by the bath the grout width is different at different levels. But, maybe this is insignificant and will be siliconed up/covered? ATM to me it looks awful.

Some tiles are sticking out a little bit from the wall although this is more obvious when you run your finger over it and I don't have a photo.

Along the top there is a thin section of tile which I think would have been better to have lower down (aesthetically).

Finally the boxed off downpipe looks squint and lopsided (again subtle and maybe it won't come out in the photo).

Is this dodgy work? I've never had any tile done before and I may be overthinking it? Its hard as we aren't the client (it is the insurance), and if I raise concerns (knowing the company) they'll be defensive and we'll have to put up a big fight to get it fixed. I can't imagine there is an easy solution either - presumably involving taking either lots or all of it down and starting again (and we're staying in an AirBNB right now).

I'll be speaking to company on Monday about things and it would be great to get some more knowledgeable input than my own.
Thank you!
IMG_1490.jpg
IMG_1489.jpg
IMG_1488.jpg
IMG_1487.jpg
IMG_1485.jpg
IMG_1483.jpg
IMG_1484.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thats one of the worst jobs Ive seen in a while. I wouldn't describe it as a tile job because plainly speaking the individual who has done this is obviously NOT a tiler. Typical insurance company job.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thats one of the worst jobs Ive seen in a while. I wouldn't describe it as a tile job because plainly speaking the individual who has done this is obviously NOT a tiler. Typical insurance company job.
Can anything be done to rectify it aside from taking it down and starting again?
And would the silicone seal in the corner feasibly cover up the mismatched grout depths?

Thanks a lot

Reaction score
It is pretty rough, and just because the insurance are paying the contractor you still need to be happy with the work.

Id raise your concerns with the insurance company ASAP.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It makes me so angry, we pay our insurance and every year it goes up and they are happy to take the money and look what we get it return, a gang of 3/10 bodgers sent round to throw tiles at the wall and give you a bathroom of new house qaulity (bad).

Reply to Help needed re. insurance tiling job in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock