Discuss Help needed, Niro Granite porcelain - Can't get clean in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

TerryTibbs

Hi guys,

I have just had some black Niro Granite porcelain tiles put down in my kitchen. I was advised to clean them and seal befre grouting, I managed to clean them(which took hours even with some grimex cleaner and an abrasive) but as a few tiles needed laying the next day I didn't seal them as my arms were aching from all the cleaning.

My tiler then fitted the last few tiles, grouted them and said to leave it to dry then wash with the cleaner and then clean warm water and dry with a towel until clean....and then seal afterwards.

Most of the tiles have come up very well apart from a few grout lines along the joints - how can I get these off - Is there any special cleaner I can use...?

My main concern is that some of the tiles, no matter how hard I try and clean them.....have these horrible water marks on them like stained water...please tell me I can get these out as they look terrible and I'm tearing my hair out after spending a fortune on tiles.

The stains go away when the tile is washed and wet, even when it is dried out with a towel but then about an hour later they appear again.

The tiles were put down with flexible adhesive on top of a bitchumen floor covering which wasn't damp.

Please tell me there is something that can be done about this - Pictures attached.

Thanks in advance

TT

Attachments

• IMAG0577.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMAG0574.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG0576.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMAG0575.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 61
C

Ceramico tiling

A colour enhancing impregnator sealer will replicate a wet look.But just wait to see what these guys say about removing the stains.

T

TerryTibbs

Anyone else?

The stains seem to have died down (a little) but are still visable as are the grout marks at the side of the tiles :(

D

diamondtiling

Did the tiler seal before grouting? If not then thats where the problem started.
Its his job to do this, not yours.

What has he said about this?

T

TerryTibbs

Did the tiler seal before grouting? If not then thats where the problem started.
Its his job to do this, not yours.

What has he said about this?

No he didn't, I didn't do it and he said it was fine to do it afterwards which now in hind sight is clearly not the case...I'm not looking to name and shame him more find a solution to the problem...

SOmebody has said use babyoil....IU've tried it on a small piece left over and naturally it made it very dark and oily but how can this be sealed over and will it work?

Please any advice would be greatly appreciated as I"m worried that the kitchen is going to get further stains before it is sealed... :(

Thanks

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi terry 1st of all,you say you had a tiler do this job so why didnt he do the washing and sealing? was he only emplyed to fix?

T

TerryTibbs

As I've already said that is in ther past and I'm looking for a solution rather than pointing the finger and name and shaming......

Can anybody help me?

I hope I don't sound rude but it's clear that prevention now is no good at all...I need a cure to put this right and all I keep being asked is why wasn't it sealed (see above) and what my tiler has to say about this.

Any constructive advice welcome.

Thank you.

B

Brinkley

hi try ltp grimex put it in a squirty bottle mixed 50/50 with water spray on tiles leave to dwell for a minute or so then agitate area with a scotch pad leave for a further 5 mins and then wash area with clean water 2 to 3 times till completely clean let area dry naturally or aid with a dry clean cloth and then commence applying sealer in your case i would use ltp mattstone but try all procedures in an inconspicuous area first hope this helps .

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
terry im going to suggest lithofin fz intensive cleaner,it can be used on porcelain and new installations that dirt has marked tiles and or excess sealer hasnt been buffed off

try in an area that cant be seen 1st ie under the wash machine area

i was asking whos job /responsibilty it was 1st of all as its very important,if this is not fixable and it was the tilers responsibilty as you were paying him you may well be looking to seek compensation
that my friend is constructive advice and that is why people are asking you the question not because they are wanting anyone to be named and shamed i certainly dont recall asking you anyones name

let us know how you get on with the cleaners

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi again terry i noticed you said they were laid on bitumen ,was a primer used on this or were the tiles laid direct onto bitumen

Reply to Help needed, Niro Granite porcelain - Can't get clean in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks