Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss HELP!!! laying reclaimed 6" quarry tiles in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
:mad2:
hello everyone,

i'm looking for some information if possible regarding the fix/laying of 6" Quarry Tiles(reclaimed)

The floor area is 15 square mtr's and the floor construction is concrete with electric undertile heating.

What adhesives would be best suited for the job as another tiler has informed me you can only use mortar????

I welcome all information on installation techneques for the above

Thank you

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

Afternoon Bailey - Mapei Keraquick grey would be suitable for quarries and underfloor heating.
Have you put a self levelling compound over the UFH ( Mapei fibreplan is good)
How long has the concrete screed been down ( drying time).

Timeless John.:thumbsup:

OP
G

Gazzer

As John says but Fibreplan is a little overkill although very good. You could use Mapei Latexplan Trade too.
Mortar is not needed to fix these tiles, i assume the backs of the tiles are free of old cement ?

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

As John says but Fibreplan is a little overkill although very good. You could use Mapei Latexplan Trade too.
Mortar is not needed to fix these tiles, i assume the backs of the tiles are free of old cement ?

Sir Ramic - From the technical information on the Mapei site and at my disposal, both Fibreplan and Latexplan are suitable for underfloor heating - however there is NO data confirming Latexplan Trade is Ok for UFH.

Timeless John.

OP
D

DHTiling

It's fine john...it's just latexplan but with the word trade ..coz it's for trade..lol..lol..

OP
B

BAILEY Tiling

Hi Guy's

thanx for all the advice, have been round and quoted for the job. Spent 45mins with the guy doin a Q & A. Gave him a price for him to then tell me he was really looking for someone to come and show him how the job should be done as he is going to be doing the job himself.

After a few choice words, i left and thanked him for waisting my time.:incazzato:

OP
D

DHTiling

I had someone call me to see ajob..travelled 20 odd mile to price it...i said right..i shall just go work it out in the van and he said just tell me how many tiles i need , he was tile it himself....
temper.gif
..i was bouncing...
tantrum2.gif

It amazes me how we manage to keep our hands off them...
thick.gif

OP
G

Gazzer

I had someone call me to see ajob..travelled 20 odd mile to price it...i said right..i shall just go work it out in the van and he said just tell me how many tiles i need , he was tile it himself....
temper.gif
..i was bouncing...
tantrum2.gif

It amazes me how we manage to keep our hands off them...
thick.gif

So i guess you told him twice what he really needed?:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to HELP!!! laying reclaimed 6" quarry tiles in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock