Discuss Help! I don’t think this chrome tile trim is fitted correctly? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi
Please help. I’m in the middle of a huge bathroom refit. I’m a homeowner. My tiler has tiled the room today and applied the brushed chrome tile trim around the window.
I’ve had a look and think it looks incorrect.
my daughter has an en-suiteand the tile trim is mitred around the window.
I questioned with the tiler over text once he had left and I inspected the work and he said “it’s too late, you shoood have said if you wanted mitred as this is how I tile around windows all the time and don’t have a problem. It’s too late to change as all the Porcelein tiles will need to come off so there’s nothing I can do now”
Please could you give me advice.
has he applied correctly or is it bad?
Can I remove the tile trim without damaging the Porcelein marble tiles please?
I’m really gutted.

515D734A-1AF4-4DCF-84D5-B9C79DA7510F.jpeg

Reaction score
Sorry but no professional tiler would fit trim this way it's just taking the easy option. And it still didn't line up great. The customer shouldn't have to state whether or not they want the trim mitred.

Reaction score
This is how all mitred trim should look. Anything else is a cop out. It will take time to do and should be factored in on the price but the finish is worth the effort.

View attachment 113438

View attachment 113439
Definitely the best way of doing it. Yes it may take a little more time and effort but that's what separates the men from the boys! (Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons) I still take my hat off to those who mitre the tile on external corners and its something I would like to get into, maybe next year. Know it wont be for every job as cost and type of tile would be something to factor in but would be good to be able to offer this to the customer. 👍

Reply to Help! I don’t think this chrome tile trim is fitted correctly? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks