Discuss Help! How do I fix a contractors bad tiling job? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

alisag

-
Reaction score
HI All, We recently had a contractor replace a tub surround and it appears he used marble threshold material to fill the gap between the new tub and the existing tile. Unfortunately it appears he did not add anything underneath. Part of it has sunken and is now uneven with the existing flooring and will leak water through the caulking cracks (see picture). I don't want the deal with the contractor again. How can I fix this? Can I just chisel or cut it out and reset it? What do I put underneath to level it out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• bathroom flooring gap.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 61
  • bathroom marble sunken.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 59

alisag

-
Reaction score
Did you manage to get this sorted out?
Hi Dan, no I didn't. I removed the caulk around the tile, hoping that the tile could be pried out, but it must have been glued. I guess the only remedy is breaking them to get them out. Until I find a tiler that can do this, I recaulked them trying to make a gradual slope from the higher stone to the lower one. Not sure how the two stones ended up uneven if they were glued to the subfloor. Any other recommendations?

Reply to Help! How do I fix a contractors bad tiling job? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks