Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Help. Adhesive coverage photos. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi guys,
first post after much reading. A wealth of information exists on this forum and its very appreciated that the experts are willing to pass on their knowledge.
I live in france renovating a 1960s villa. Due to circumstances beyond my control , crooked builders, covid, remote work etc I have been very delayed but finally got the sub floor consisting of a low profile hydronic heating system in EPS boards mounted to a levelling concrete subfloor. And contracted a building company to install the large format (1200x 600) tiles using an mapei S2 https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/. Unfortunately part way through i noticed there was insufficient (50-60%) https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ coverage even using a back buttering technique and stopped the work and are currently in dispute with the building company who said what they have done is acceptable. I am trying to find a local independent surveyor but in the meantime am seeking photos from the EU or ISO standards ISO/TR 17870-1:2015(en) ceramic tile installation or similar to show as an example. I can buy a copy for 120 euro but if anyone has photos or a handbook showing percentage examples it would be greatly appreciated.
The disputes procedure here, like all French admin, is painful and never guaranteed to fall your way even if you are 100% correct as I have already found out in dispute with the original builders.
Any and all help especially official photos is appreciated.
Cheers .

Reply to Help. Adhesive coverage photos. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock