Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Help ... 2 different tiles joint don’t line up (assumed both 30x60 but not) in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
K

Kcoh

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
How about keeping the split face tiles and adjusting the marbles as Boggs suggested?

I

Italy

the split face should be laid almost without spacers,
1 mm maximum, otherwise it loses the continuous wall effect.
therefore alignments separated from the other walls.
best solution would be to remove the split face and
Misalign widely from the other tiles.

OP
K

Kcoh

TF
Reaction score
Is it generally okay to lay tiles without any spacing or butted? Also do you think it is a good combination with the marble tiles? I have a feeling that they really don’t match up and should go with the marble tile for all the walls. Thanks

Last edited:
I

Italy

Is it generally okay to lay tiles without any spacing or butted?
NO,BUT IN THIS CASE, YES
Also do you think it is a good combination with the marble tiles? YES, I LIKE IT
I have a feeling that they really don’t match up and should go with the marble tile for all the walls.
SHOULD NOT MATCH,
it is A WALL THAT MUST REMAIN DETACHED
FROM THE REST OF THE BATHROOM.
IT MUST SEEM A STONE WALL, IT MUST NOT
COMBINE WITH OTHER WALLS
Thanks

OP
K

Kcoh

TF
Reaction score
Cheers guys. Thought a lot of this this morning on my way to work and decided to take it all off and start again. I’ll take into account your advices and update you of the outcome. Thanks again. :)

OP
K

Kcoh

TF
Reaction score
After removal photos. I think I need to press the tiles a bit more, although I did remove some tiles during the tile and it seems they were fully covered. I used 12mm square notched trowel and back buttered. Also what is your thoughts on keeping the gloss tile row? The tile last tile is 15mm short of the wall, but would sealant hide this with the split face tiles against it?

4F240782-A4A1-4E49-8CAE-177115F5A486.jpeg 0CA09721-EDFB-47F7-BAD2-660C3EC86612.jpeg 6232709A-3274-4C23-8F9C-59F535A4E6F4.jpeg 31AEA9FA-F4D6-40CE-8577-D03EA4DAD379.jpeg F68DEFA6-60E9-4342-A11D-D1290876B1FF.jpeg 0082F454-0FFC-4958-A959-DB3C492086A0.jpeg

Reply to Help ... 2 different tiles joint don’t line up (assumed both 30x60 but not) in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock