Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Hello from an old member in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Good afternoon ladies and gents,

Some of you may remember me leaving for the Cayman Islands job that was posted on this site. It turned out to be amazing and it also had its downfalls. I know I promised updates and such like however, having to work most weekends left me short of time which I was enjoying spending on the beach sunbathing.

I think it is about time I rejoined the tilers forum family as I am now working for a relatively new company called 'Arcitile Group' and my role as contracts manager has me managing the washroom floor and wall coverings alongside the tanking for 'The Londoner Hotel' in Leicester Square. A project consisting of 350 rooms, 6 floors below ground (38m) and 9 above. This is a complete new structure and is going to be very special for me!

I am now able to source labour and I know that this is where all the top fixers hang out so I will be posting in the 'find a job' section today. The rates are £46m2, if this catches your eye and asking for the catch it is that the tiles are 300x50mm with listellos instead of trim. Floor tiles are large format.

In the mean time, I look forward to hearing from old and new faces.

Thanks,

Cameron

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Good afternoon ladies and gents,

Some of you may remember me leaving for the Cayman Islands job that was posted on this site. It turned out to be amazing and it also had its downfalls. I know I promised updates and such like however, having to work most weekends left me short of time which I was enjoying spending on the beach sunbathing.

I think it is about time I rejoined the tilers forum family as I am now working for a relatively new company called 'Arcitile Group' and my role as contracts manager has me managing the washroom floor and wall coverings alongside the tanking for 'The Londoner Hotel' in Leicester Square. A project consisting of 350 rooms, 6 floors below ground (38m) and 9 above. This is a complete new structure and is going to be very special for me!

I am now able to source labour and I know that this is where all the top fixers hang out so I will be posting in the 'find a job' section today. The rates are £46m2, if this catches your eye and asking for the catch it is that the tiles are 300x50mm with listellos instead of trim. Floor tiles are large format.

In the mean time, I look forward to hearing from old and new faces.

Thanks,

Cameron
Welcome back! Do they have no internet there still?! ;)

OP
A
Reaction score
Welcome home! How long were you over there? What a great opportunity to have arisen from the forum! Jealous!
[/QUOTE

It was, it came at the perfect time too as my mum had passed and relationship was breaking down. I was over there for just 32 months and it was a great learning experience and has pushed me on to where I want to get to.

Welcome back! Do they have no internet there still?! ;)
To be fair, its actually quite good but when you work 8 days a week you just want to sleep, on the beach!

Hello Cam mate , long time eh. Nice to see you still alive 😂
Long time Dave. Yep, just about. older, wiser? haha! loving being back to attend the away days I just with that FCB would sell up!

Welcome back Cameron
Thank you JS!

Welcome back
CHEERS ALBERT!

I remember you and your exotic travels. If I remember correctly you did send us some updates and pics. Welcome back Cameron.

I did try but not as much as I should have really. After all if it wasn't for this little hub of love then it wouldn't have even happened.

Things have certainly progressed. I met some amazing people and some absolute bastards. That is one messed up island I tell you that. Same as anywhere I suppose!

I think I just need to move to Schluter to go full circle in the tile world. Topps, Tiler, Bathroom Fitter, Foreman to tile install, Estimator, Contracts Manger!
I'll see if @DannyBrant will get me a job if this don't work out (I met him the other night actually!)
Im also studying a degree in CM one day a week so I have really dumped myself in it! Wouldn't be fun if it wasn't madness eh!

This hotel I have taken on is crazy. New build, 6 floors into the ground, 9 above including rooftop. It's going to be something else...but what isn't something else these days.

I'd best get off I actually have a friend from Cayman landing tonight, for one night only so must go catch up before they zoom back to the rock.

Speak soon chaps and if anyone wants to direct me into the line of tilers wanting work on a fiddly job @£46m2, please do! The money is there to be made if they can bang them on quick and the benchmark is NOT perfection! They are hand made tiles !

Thanks folks,

Cameron

OP
A
Reaction score
FCB will never sell 😂
Oh the fans are starting to click now! Give it til next season and I hope the crowds have dropped to half this capacity. More really!
NUFC is no more, the players can go jump begging to come fill the stadium. he's a cancer and needs ousted. rant over. haha

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Oh the fans are starting to click now! Give it til next season and I hope the crowds have dropped to half this capacity. More really!
NUFC is no more, the players can go jump begging to come fill the stadium. he's a cancer and needs ousted. rant over. haha

I could use stronger language Cam but we all know what ashley is , W****r

Reply to Hello from an old member in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock