Discuss Hello from a new member in Herts in the The Welcome Forum (now defunct) area at TilersForums.com

tapper

New to TilersForums.com
Reaction score
Morning Everyone,

After 20 years sitting at a desk i've decided to go alone into the tiling world,
i went on a tiling course 10 years ago and have done several private jobs since bathrooms, kitchens and outside pathways, all of which the have been well received. However its scary entering into it on my own for the first time as most of you probably know (i am 46 by the way).

I will probably try the uk pro tilers course for 4 days as a refresher.

Any other recommendations and help would be welcome.

Thanks

LEE MAC

JOTM Winner
Trusted Advisor
Tilers' Arms Member
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck

jcrtiling

Getting away with it
Trusted Advisor
TTA Member
Tilers' Arms Member
Reaction score
From some of the people asking questions on here I wonder if some of tiling courses are out of date considering most of the pictures shown show people working with 150 mm tiles whereas in the real world in my experience most tiles I am fitting at the moment are 600 x 600 so maybe ask a course provider do they do a course where you can get used to working with and handling these sorts of tiles

whitebeam

Staff member
Subscribed Member
JOTM Winner
Trusted Advisor
Tilers' Arms Member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome...where abouts in Hertfordshire you from.

Albert

Admired Member
Trusted Advisor
Tilers' Arms Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

OP
T

tapper

New to TilersForums.com
Reaction score
Cheers for the welcome and advice, i have managed to shadow a pro tiler for a couple of weeks in April/May, i will then book the refresher course and head out, realistically what can i expect to earn in the first year, i have some redundancy money to cover a few months but have to purchase a van and a few tools.

jcrtiling

Getting away with it
Trusted Advisor
TTA Member
Tilers' Arms Member
Reaction score
Start doing your work now, see if you can pick up some jobs like small floors ,kitchen walls from some local tile shops , stuff you can do in a weekend . If a tile shop puts you forward for a job buy your materials of them . You look after them , they look after you . Also ask them if they have any displays need doing gratis or cheap just to show them your skills and give them confidence in giving out your card .

Most Replied Threads

Recent Tile Advice Blog Posts

Top Bottom