Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Hello from a new member in Herts in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

tapper

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Morning Everyone,

After 20 years sitting at a desk i've decided to go alone into the tile world,
i went on a tile course 10 years ago and have done several private jobs since bathrooms, kitchens and outside pathways, all of which the have been well received. However its scary entering into it on my own for the first time as most of you probably know (i am 46 by the way).

I will probably try the uk pro tilers course for 4 days as a refresher.

Any other recommendations and help would be welcome.

Thanks

Q

Qwerty

Welcome to the forum

Try and shadow a professional tiler for a couple of weeks or so as well if you can.

D

Dumbo

From some of the people asking questions on here I wonder if some of tile courses are out of date considering most of the pictures shown show people working with 150 mm tiles whereas in the real world in my experience most tiles I am fitting at the moment are 600 x 600 so maybe ask a course provider do they do a course where you can get used to working with and handling these sorts of tiles

OP
T

tapper

TF
Reaction score
Cheers for the welcome and advice, i have managed to shadow a pro tiler for a couple of weeks in April/May, i will then book the refresher course and head out, realistically what can i expect to earn in the first year, i have some redundancy money to cover a few months but have to purchase a van and a few tools.

D

Dumbo

Start doing your work now, see if you can pick up some jobs like small floors ,kitchen walls from some local tile shops , stuff you can do in a weekend . If a tile shop puts you forward for a job buy your materials of them . You look after them , they look after you . Also ask them if they have any displays need doing gratis or cheap just to show them your skills and give them confidence in giving out your card .

Reply to Hello from a new member in Herts in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock