Discuss Hello! Could someone advise if my kitchen tiling is ok? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I’m after some advice really. I’m having my kitchen done at the moment and although I’m happy (more or less) with the units, the tiling on the walls is, I suspect a bit crap. I’m gutted - I’ve been looking forward to having it done for so long and I was so excited

The builder is really nice and I’m hoping he’ll put it right. If I post some pics could someone tell me if I’m being over fussy and if not do you think it could be put right or will it have to be done again?

Reaction score
3433BD35-071F-46D9-8076-C4415A86E5E5.jpeg
96AD0CCD-4785-4B78-A4A4-377CE736B241.jpeg
51C41DDA-9FD9-4904-A1D5-3609A649FADE.jpeg
C6E8C296-3A21-4380-BD41-3855618A435D.jpeg
75CE9F42-B36F-4023-83FE-B1F035B824DA.jpeg

W

White Room

To be honest the walls look like they should have been sorted before any tiling took place.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s pretty shoddy workmanship really.

T

Time's Ran Out

All off!
Have to be done again - this time by a Tiler - and see other work he has done first.

Reaction score
Oh god really?! That bad? I did wonder.... I’m actually not particularly fussy I don’t think but the more I look the worse it looks. Bit pissed off if I’m honest.

Reaction score
I’m not a professional tiler but I would not be happy with cut tiles at the top, especially the small piece on the corner.
Perhaps the professional tilers on here could elaborate on what the issues are so that you can discuss with the builder. That’s in view of the fact that builders are never wrong (in their own eyes).

Reaction score
Spoke to him today and he was fine about it. He’s happy to redo it, this time with nicer edging (to be fair when he had asked me what edging I wanted I did say “No idea. Surprise me” so we’ll see. He said he was glad I mentioned it. I just want it done now. It’ll be 6 weeks this week. He originally said it would take around 3 - possibly 4.

Thanks all!

D

Dumbo

Spoke to him today and he was fine about it. He’s happy to redo it, this time with nicer edging (to be fair when he had asked me what edging I wanted I did say “No idea. Surprise me” so we’ll see. He said he was glad I mentioned it. I just want it done now. It’ll be 6 weeks this week. He originally said it would take around 3 - possibly 4.

Thanks all!
What makes you think he can do it better . If he could why didn't he

W

Waluigi

The bloke would need a brain transplant before I let him loose on some more tiling work.

Under no circumstances is that close to an acceptable finish.

Reply to Hello! Could someone advise if my kitchen tiling is ok? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks