Discuss Hello all, thanks for all the brill info..... in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all, stumbled upon this forum while researching electric underfloor heating. Amazed at the invaluable information that everyone posts and everything I've read so far has been very useful.

My names Andy, keen DIYer who will turn my hand to most things (have tiled walls, floors, kitchen, shower enclosures in our previous property), however, I'm essentially being given the money to retile 37sqm (insurance) so I'm going to get a tiler in this time around.

We recently had a flood in the entire downstairs of our property and the existing tiles had to come up as it wasn't drying properly underneath. Long story short we're looking at electric underfloor heating being put down when the new tiles go in. I'll not go into all the details, sizes, questions in this thread, I'll start a new one in the underfloor heating section.

Anyway, "Hi" to all, and thanks for the info posted so far and any more that is forthcoming! :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, much appreciated. Looking at some of the pictures on here of work that has been carried out is amazing, some really top work, not to mention amazing houses (and pools!).

I've just posted in the underfloor heating sub-forum if anyone can offer their advice and experience (or quotes). I'd be eternally grateful! :)

W

Waluigi

I would strongly advise that you try to get someone on here to Quote. There seems to be a huge amount of cowboys out there and a lot of good Tilers on here who actually do things properly.

Reaction score
I would strongly advise that you try to get someone on here to Quote. There seems to be a huge amount of cowboys out there and a lot of good Tilers on here who actually do things properly.
Yeh, my friend took to Facebook for recommendations, let's just say he had to remove all the tiles the so-called tiler had put on his walls as the standard of work was that bad. Learned the hard way!

Reply to Hello all, thanks for all the brill info..... in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks